Recently my good friend Lou Pardi, editor-at-large of the beautiful Peppermint magazine held a celebration party at her chic apartment. I asked to share her resume with me, and this is a list of pies she’s had her fingers in:
- A legal secretary for many years in Sydney, Perth and Melbourne
- Then an executive assistant in corporate
- In between office jobs I was an animal attendant at a dog pound and most recently an executive assistant at Zoos Victoria
- She was also amateur comedian for a few years
- She’s also been freelance writing for over 5 years
- She was the Editor of T-world, the world’s only T-shirt magazine
- Now Melbourne Editor-at-large of Peppermint magazine, doing freelance journalism and contributing to Beat,www.theagendadaily.com, triple j mag and more!
She is happy to leave the corporate world (sounds familiar?) to do more freelancing. A lady of many, many talents. I think she is much more likely to become the Editor of Vogue than me :D
These blush polka-dot silk pants by Karla Spetic are a new addition to my work closet. I love the luxurious material and the polka dots! Sorry about my TERRIBLE hair…I promise I will post pictures of my new crop soon! Here’s Theodore, having a moment with Mom. I’m in Zara jacket, vintage white shirt, Mawi Dynamite ring, Karla Spetic pants, Miss Sixty wedges. I haven’t worn these wedges since this party…
Here with Kimberley of Dream.Delight.Inspire, and a really witty zoologist!
The beautiful BusiChic Cheryl giving Theodore a cuddle. I love this chick. She has great style, great personality and a great blog!
And Sam, the stylish designer of Bento, in her designs. You can check out her amazing blog Backstage at Bento for fabulous tips if you’re banker who also wants to be a designer. As you may recall, Sam and I attended the Paspaley event not long ago and since then we’ve adopted the pearl trend =)
Here’s one for the boys- lego cufflinks! Aussie colours too! Oi Oi Oi!
I’ve got to introduce you to these 3 very creative people. From left to right: Keegan, Charles and Rebecca (she made her own necklace and dress!!!). Keegan (label: Margery Daw) and Rebecca (label: Pine Lime) are fashion designers who have a boutique called The Clothesline Collective on 62 Rebecca Walk Northbank Place, you’d be crazy not to check out their beautifully hand crafted garments and accessories.
And Charles, the other half of Sam, is a gallery owner, who will be opening his gallery in the new year – 100th Gallery. Cannot wait to see his new pad and all the amazing pieces he will showcase!
Cheryl in vintage and Camper heels. I am so blessed to have so many talented and stylish friends with whom I can share a meal, a sip and style tips.
Merry Christmas fashionistas!