I Can Hear the Flowers Speak

by cecylia on September 15, 2013

DSC00608
My reporting from NYFW is far from over. But in the meanwhile, I thought I’d break it up a little. As you are reading this post, I’m hopefully lying down in my Qantas airlines seat on our way to home sweet home! Seeing all the cute dogs in New York made me miss Theodore so much. Hence why this home-bound post. Before I left for the States, a very interesting New Zealand label caught my attention: DANIEL K, the brainchild of Auckland native Vanessa Kim. Vanessa draws inspiration from her travels, people and scenery. Speaking of which, the tie-dye or ink-blotting effect of this simple shift brings a serene yet graphic feel. This dress literally weighs nothing. Hence why the need for this weightier tweed jacket.

DSC00599

DSC00588 DSC00600
Pregnancy Week 28 Outfit: Zara coat / Daniel K dress / Lovisa Rings & Lady of Leisure Ring / Habbot Heels / Vintage Necklace & Bag

Of course, another reason why I love this dress is because it compliments my baby bump so well, miniKee is getting an art lesson from such a tender age! On our trip, it’s has been a fuss-free foetus. I’m very thankful that it hasn’t developed in vitro ADHD since I barely went through a day without an Insomnia chocolate peanut cookie or 3 scoops of icecream from Eataly

中文版

我从纽约带来的时装报告还没有结束。但在此期间,既然我们正在空中飞回来的路上,我想给你们看一些我们在墨尔本的照片。在纽约看到了很多可爱的狗,让我想念我们的奇瓦瓦。在我离开美国之前,一个非常有趣的新西兰品牌引起了我的注意:Daniel K。由设计师Vanessa Kim创造的.灵感来自她的旅行,碰到的人物和参观的风景。这件十分简单的裙子有墨水的图案,它带有一种宁静的感觉。因为很短,所以我加上了这件斜纹软呢外套。

当然,我喜欢这条裙子的另一个原因是因为它适合我七个月的宝宝肚。你说它的图案会不会教宝宝艺术?在我们的旅途中,感谢神,宝宝很健康,没有任何问题。在纽约每天我吃很多巧克力花生饼干和冰淇淋,希望宝宝生出来不会有多动症…

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Teresa September 16, 2013 at 10:50 am

Lovely dress!! The word NZ designer caught my attention for sure! safe trip back!

Beauty Follower September 16, 2013 at 6:31 pm
Mica September 16, 2013 at 7:11 pm

That is such a pretty dress on you! The link to Daniel K didn’t work but I hunted it out myself anyway, haha. I really like the dress!

Hope you have a lovely flight home – wish I could fly business class, one day, one day. haha. It’s been fun following along with your trip, thank you for sharing with us :) Enjoy the puppy hugs when you get home!

Mica September 16, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Such a pretty dress! The link to Daniel K didn’t work, but I hunted it out myself as I really like that dress, haha!

Hope you have a nice flight home. Have enjoyed following along with your trip, thank you for sharing. Enjoy the puppy hugs when you get home!

Brooklyn Grace September 17, 2013 at 7:26 am

hi dear, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog!!!
i just followed you on bloglovin
i found your blog very interesting, am actually preparing my 2014 blog features/guest post/interview and i think you will be perfect!!!!! i woul be very happy to share more about you on my blog
let me know if you are interested
best

cecylia September 18, 2013 at 1:33 pm

thanks lovely, I’ll email you right away xx

Imogen September 17, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Looking super stylish. I especially love those beautiful bright shoes.

cecylia September 18, 2013 at 1:38 pm

thanks Imogen! Yes pink is a little unexpected isn’t it? x