Alas, part 3 of a photoshoot between photographer: Sarah Coyle/MUA: Melanie Matic/Model: Bianca Nicholson/Stylist: Cecylia
Isn’t Bianca stunning? Outfit: Gail Sorronda cape, dress, Damselfly tiger ring, vintage jewellery and snakeskin heels. I fyou like fringing, there’s an awesome Norma Kamali fringed skirt on Net-a-Porter here.
Lately so many of my friends are jetting off to the US and I think I’ve got travel lust :) I have never been to the States so really hope to attend New York Fashion Week one day. So whilst I daydream about meeting American bloggers and shopping in vintage boutiques, I have some amazing news for budding designers!
The Boroughs Festival Fashion Competition is giving designers the chance to win a $10,000 fashion prize package and have your designs showcased to industry professionals. Themed around “The 5 Boroughs of New York” participants are invited to use the vibrant and diverse arts cultural genres of New York City as inspiration for their designs to capture the spirit and energy of New York City .
WHAT THEY NEED FROM YOU
- Buy a special edition “Manhattan Fashion Competition” Boroughs ticket
- Complete the online registration form
- Send in a photo of an outfit or garment that can be displayed on a bodyform or mannaquin ( how you interpret that is up to you)
- A short explanation of your design and what inspired it (200 words max)
- Registration must be completed and submitted by September 21st 2011
Hmmm if you win and it’s because you found out about this comp here, I demand to squeeze into your suitcase!