Sorry folks for my absence as of late, but I do have a few good excuses. Hear me out. Since we last spoke, I have…
- Discovered the sweetest little collective store/cafe in the heart of Notting Hill called Our Little Caravan & Inchmeal. It’s super kid-friendly and may just be the venue for a future birthday party for my daughter;
- Hosted our son’s 3rd birthday Construction-themed party and made [THIS CAKE];
- Attended the Park Hyatt High Tea with artist Renae Geddes and won one of her stunning prints;
- Started the 84 Day Body Challenge– a program with daily videos and emails that take you on a fitness and nutrition journey, complete with inspirational quotes and an easy exercise regime. The accountability factor really works!
- Caught up with my vet friends at our 10 year reunion at the zoo! Although we haven’t changed much we did have to wear name tags! #whatsyournameagain
- Quit eating sugar. Yes, I finally bit the bullet! In Gretchen Rubin’s term, I’m an ‘Abstainer’and a ‘Finisher’: an all-or-nothing-and-have-to-finish-it kind of person. In the face of saccharine treats, for me, it’s not a case of ‘less is more’, it’s ‘nothing is more’! The physiological improvements, mental clarity and emotional stability have been overwhelming. The great article in A Conscious Collection about the detrimental effects of sugar on health also came in handy when I was faced with temptation.
- Got my 2017 Diaries! From Kikki K of course. The pistachio version is a weekly diary which starts today. It really feels like I’m turning over a new leaf. Right at the cusp of Advent! Thrive, the pastel print one (see top photo) is my Devotional/Gratitude Diary. I love the name ‘Thrive’! It’s exactly what I want my life to look like in the new year.
So now you know why I’ve been away from the blog for a bit. It’s also because I barely get the chance to sit at a computer for more than a minute without a little person calling out “Mommy!”
I’m excited about some of the changes I’m making, they are designed to make me a more consistent person, in all areas of life- diet, fitness, relationships, schedules, and of course, this blog! I hope you’re having a joyous start to the week too. Can’t wait to report back on my progress!
In the interim, I can feel someone climbing on my back, hollering “Piggyback!” Be. Right. Back.