Give It A Whirl

by cecylia on June 2, 2014

DSC00114
Last weekend my Mum gave me this jumper. It has some seriously oversized batwings and strategically placed whirls. A little bit Balmain, a little bit coffee-scroll, maybe she had cravings for Cinnamon rolls when she knitted this back in the 80s.

Recently I’ve had the privilege of working a few days here and there as a vet. I used to find being a vet stressful at times, but since having Winston and becoming increasingly thankful for my circumstances, I’ve been so excited to go to work. Even if the sky is still dark, and I’ve had to wake up 5 times during the night to a crying baby, I literally jump out of bed in the morning!

Many of you have asked me how I juggle everything. Well actually, all credit goes to my amazing supportive family. I used to secretly want to be a full time blogger, but now I realise what a blessing and a privilege it is to be a veterinarian.

whirls-1-3whirls-1whirls-8whirls-2whirls-1

I wonder what your work situation is like at the moment. If we think hard enough, there are positive aspects about every job. Maybe it’s the short distance, the decent pay, the great facilities, the flexible hours, your awesome boss…I challenge you to give thanks for that, even if it’s one little thing. You may not jump out of bed to head to work every morning, but I sure hope this helps you to realise how blessed we are to even have a job to wake up to! And if you’re still searching for your dream job, I wish you the very best. Enjoy your leisure time while it lasts!

Where: at a Lawn Bowls Club
Wear: Vintage Earrings, Watch, Jumper & Bag / Scanlan & Theodore Pants / Vionnet Heels

Chinese Translation (Click below to read)

中文版

上周末我妈妈给了我这件她自己织的毛衣。它有蝙蝠袖管,是手织的宽松式八十年代毛衣.很暖和,就像妈妈的爱.
最近我在几所兽医诊所工作,幸好有妈妈来看宝宝。以前我作兽医​​时有时会紧张,但现在(可能因为我很想念工作)我工作很开心。即使早上还依然黑着(而且夜间已经被哭闹的婴儿唤醒了5次),我还是兴奋地去上班!

很多人问我怎样一边上班一边带宝宝,其实倘若我没有家人的帮助,我根本不能忙里忙外。我为我的父母和丈夫感谢神。以前,我一直想只写博客,不作兽医。但自从有了宝宝以后,我为我的兽医职业感恩。作兽医是个福分。

我不知道你现在的工作情况如何。如果我们仔细想一想,每份工作都有它好的方面。也许这是短的距离,高的工资,全面的设施,灵活的工作时间,甚至你超棒的老板…我挑战你,即使是件小事,也为你的工作感恩。可能你不会每天早上从床上蹦出来去上班,但我希望这可以帮助你意识到我们有份工作是多么的幸福!如果你还在寻找你梦想的工作,我祝福你。与此同时,享受你闲暇的时间吧!

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Kirsty June 2, 2014 at 9:03 am

I love this jumper. So different and so chic!
You look terrific!
I always have the debate about full-time blogging vs. my job which I do enjoy…
I guess I’ll see what happens.
x Kirsty

cecylia June 2, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Thank you Kirsty! Yeah it sure is a juggle and sometimes a struggle. I guess all we can do is do our best for both0 blogging +’real job’ and see what happens… :) Best wishes to you lovely!

Mica June 2, 2014 at 9:12 am

That looks like such a cosy knit! I like it styled with the black and the pop of colour from the clutch too :)

I really miss my job now I’m on maternity leave – I was working on a large scale project, the biggest we had for a while, so I’m a little sad I won’t be there to see the phase I worked on finish up. Although I don’t know how I’ll feel when baby arrives, for all of the bad points of my work, there were good points too that I miss.

cecylia June 2, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Thanks Mica. Yeah I had to balance the proportions with some slim fit pants- those are made from wool so are very warm and comfy :D Aww what are you up to now that you’re not working? Yeah, not being at work really makes us miss it more- it’s that mentality of not treasuring something until it’s gone. Of course, your job isn’t gone, it’s just on hold for you whilst you embark on a new and very exciting new vocation for a while :D

Teresa June 2, 2014 at 11:13 pm

You have no idea what this post means to me. I had a recent part time job opportunity and I was just wondering if I should take it. It requires almost a full day on Monday which makes breastfeeding difficult. I prayed this morning for direction. And now I read your story about going PT. It feels like the Lord is telling me what to do through your post!! Coincidence? Perhaps not!

Isa Machado June 4, 2014 at 4:21 am

You look great girl! ;)

Isa M., Tic Tac Living

Margaret Kee June 9, 2014 at 9:20 pm

That’s an amazing jumper (and heels)! If I had knitted it, it would have had some circles missing.How did she keep track of the pattern? The mind boggles…move over Balmain!