Empire State of Mind

by cecylia on July 19, 2013

19e3cfc04fe8661254d5608f50a8ef4dbe66145e3c41d4a3b1e62074df0426e4 dcf682892ca4c2e96f823df2cea890ba
Guess what lovelies? Remember I said in this post that we were planning a holiday? Well good news everyone! We are heading to the US in a couple of weeks! I’m still pinching myself at the though of it. I’ve been dreaming of visiting New York for years! Thank God for His abundant blessings: the fact that I’m healthy enough to travel long distance even though I’m pregnant, hubby’s work approving of his trip, and my hectic locum schedule having the perfect 3 weeks open.

But this is not just any “babymoon” though. The main purpose of the trip is to demonstrate how to travel in style whilst being pregnant. Many people objected or at least raised their eyebrows when I mentioned about the long flight, travelling in my third trimester, or climbing 5 flights of stairs to reach our Manhattan apartment. But you know me, I’m always up for a challenge. Especially one that involves fashion, flying, and of course, stairs.

3acf4c0ad3f41b348d9334e601616fe2 b5352f0da7a97271af84b1f36fa3780c

8398b424b417fc79b96b080e340eba1b

Photos via Pinterest

Our first stop will be Disneyland. Although I won’t be able to jump on all the rides, but that won’t stop me from being completely childish and crazy (like our time in Hong Kong Disney)… Plus we can tell MiniKee that we brought it to Disneyland when it was really small, hence why it would have no recollection of it…

In New York, can’t wait to catch up with Aussie friends, meet up with US bloggers and my lovely readers, visit designer YeohLee (remember her bright pink outfit I wore here?)‘s boutique, spend days perusing galleries and museums, and of course, immersing ourselves in the stylish shenanigans of fashion week! We are proud to be flying Qantas and I look forward to bringing as many Aussie labels to the States as possible!

So seasoned travellers, what are your top tips/visits/must-sees for New York?

中文版
还记得我说过,我在这篇文章中规划一个假期?告诉大家一个好消息!我们会去美国度假几个星期!这真是个梦想成真,我一直想去参观纽约多年了!感谢神,他丰富的祝福:即使我怀孕了,我很健康,能够长途跋涉,丈夫的工作批准他的行程,我忙碌的临时代理兽医工作正好有3周的空档。

但这不可只是任何一个“babymoon”(宝宝蜜月)。此行的主要目的是示范如何在怀孕其间有风格地旅行。许多人反对在怀孕其间区旅行,尤其当我提到长途的飞行,或要爬5层楼梯到达我们的曼哈顿公寓。但是你应该知道我,我是个超爱挑战的人。尤其如果那挑战包括了时装,旅行,和楼梯,我的三大爱。

我们的第一站将是迪斯尼乐园。虽然我将无法在所有的游乐设施上玩,但应该不会阻止我边的完全幼稚和疯狂(还记得我们在香港迪士尼的时厚吗?)另外,我们可以告诉MiniKee,它很小的时候我们就把它带到迪士尼乐园了……

在纽约,我渴望与好久没见的澳洲朋友碰面,去认识所爱的美国博客小姐和我可爱的读者们,去访问设计师YeohLee(记得我在这里穿了她明亮的粉红色的衣服吗?)的精品店,花几天去拜访著名画廊和博物馆,当然,并参加纽约的时装周!我们感到最自豪的是这次我们会飞澳航,我期待把许多澳大利亚的时装品牌带去这次的美国旅行!

经验丰富的旅行者们,你们有那些纽约必看,必做,必玩的意见吗?

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Sonia July 19, 2013 at 10:42 am

Oh congratulations on your trip to NYC! I am so jealous of you, wish it was me :o( anyhoo enjoy!

SDMxx

cecylia July 19, 2013 at 8:38 pm

ah I’ve been dying to go for so long it’s a dream come true Sonia :D you will too! When you least expect it :)

Mica July 19, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Such nice inspirational street style! :)

Hope you have a ball while travelling and you enjoy NY – my sister is just back from there and I’m very jealous. Need a good trip of my own…..I hope you shop up a storm! :)

cecylia July 19, 2013 at 8:26 pm

aww what did she think? what did she do/recommend? I used to be a shopaholic I’ll try to be more sensible now :D

Mica July 21, 2013 at 8:37 pm

She got something called the “New York pass” which gets you all kinds of free attractions and boat rides and things. She went to so many places and they kept saying “we got free entry with the pass to here too”. So it’s definitely worth it :)

The only real shopping she did was in Tiffany’s, haha. I’m sure you will be responsible and avoid all of the awesome US prices on things…… ;) She went with her boyfriend so they didn’t shop as much as she would have liked, haha.

girl in oslo July 20, 2013 at 1:31 am

So many great shoes :)

Sevan Manjikian July 22, 2013 at 7:35 am

Aw yay! New York is my favourite place, really hope you enjoy it.
PS. I got the NY pass too and used it for all the museums like MOMA and the MET and observation decks on top of the empire state blg and rockefeller center. There are a few different passes though so look it up :)
Also def go to little italy for food, and walk down Soho and Nolita as well.

Teresa July 22, 2013 at 2:41 pm

good decision!!! travel as much as you can while you can =D
my friend told me there is a big m&m store in New York, with tonnes of lollies and all kind of m&m. perhaps drop by and have a look?? and they have a buying limit per visit! I wish I could go, too… Let’s catch up again before you two head off, shall we?