Busy Body

by cecylia on March 4, 2013

I finally understand Marilyn Monroe’s famous ”Give a girl the right shoe and she can conquer the world” saying. Although conquering the world is not on my bucket list, ‘carpe diem’ however, is. Last Friday was probably the most intense and exhilarating day of 2013 for me. It started at 7:30 am and ended at 10:30pm. Non stop. During the action-packed 15 hours, I started the morning with attending an exclusive interview of Patricia Fields by Kate Waterhouse, doesn’t she look divine in her Manning Cartell bustier? Chadstone’s New York City  Style Exhibition is every fashionista’s must!

DSC00518-001

DSC00360DSC00383

DSC00351

DSC00350-620x414

DSC00407

DSC00412DSC00416

DSC00491-001DSC00486-001

DSC00419DSC00425DSC00499-001 DSC00529-001Vintage Brooch, Blouse, Pants, Shades / Lanvin belt / Nina Ricci bag / Robert Robert heels (StyleTread)

After drooling over Bright Young Things handbag cookies and Choos, I headed to take a sneak peek at the Nine West and Steve Madden AW13 collections. Note to self: need more wine-hued shoes. Reluctantly leaving Irish, Emily and Vydia. I dashed off to a super-charged photoshoot with Boa Campbell. At a skate park! Thank God for the amazing weather and an awesome team. Immediately afterwards, I joined Marianne and Iolanthe to attend Cheryl’s (Business Chic) launch of her LBD Project Book and Exhibition.

In all honesty, I would not have survived the day without these Robert Robert beauties from Style Tread. They made me appear more awake despite having only had 4 hours sleep, helped correct my posture and served as perfect mirrors for lippie-checks on the go. Thank you Style Tread! You sure know the way to a girl’s heart!

中文版
我终于知道为什么Marilyn Monroe著名地说了“给个女孩合适的鞋,她就能征服世界。”虽然我并没有征服世界的打算,但“只争朝夕“对我来说挺重要的。 上星期五算是今年最忙的一天。从早上七点半一直到晚上十点半,没休止。在这动感十足的15小时内,我先参加了美国著名电视剧Sex in the City 的造型师Patricia Fields的访问。她受了Kate Waterhouse的采访。Chadstone的 New York City  Style 展览是每一位爱服装女郎的必览!

Bright Young Things的包包饼干使我依依不舍,但我和Irish, Emily 与 Vydia参加了Nine West 和 Steve Madden 冬季的预览。记住:需要深红色的鞋。接下来就是星期二更换的photoshoot。 在一个滑板公园! 感谢神为我们我们准备了晴朗的天气。结束后我和Marianne 与 Iolanthe[参加了Cheryl的‘黑裙子’展览。坦率地说,若不是神的恩典和这双 Robert Robert 高更鞋,我不可能幸存下来。,它们让我看上去比只睡了4个小时的觉更清醒,帮助纠正勒我的不良姿势,并成为我在路上检查口红的镜子!

Join us on FACEBOOK/TWITTER/BLOGLOVIN/PINTEREST/INSTAGRAM ID: Cecyliadotcom

{ 15 comments… read them below or add one }

Angie March 4, 2013 at 7:31 am

I love shoes, I can never have enough. Great post, love your outfit!

x Angie

cecylia March 6, 2013 at 9:22 am

lol sounds like a typical fashionista :)

Berty Morales March 4, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Cecylia, what a great exhibition and amazing post. I love your pants, and your picture with Miss Patricia Fields. I love her and her unique designs and style always have been out of this world. Thanks for sharing.

cecylia March 6, 2013 at 9:21 am

pleasure was it strange seeing a US lady in Melbourne? :D She is so inspirational- so much to learn!

Mica March 4, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Such a busy day! Looks like a lot of fun though :)

Really like your pants as well, lovely!

I’m so looking forward to seeing the LBD exhibition when I’m down in Melb. :) For some reason I can’t comment on Cheryl’s website but I am so excited for her and looking forward to checking it out! :)

cecylia March 6, 2013 at 9:15 am

it was tiring but super fun, indeed Mica! Thank you lovely, I was so excited to find them in a thrift shop :D Hope to see you soon when you’re visiting Melbourne!

Mica March 6, 2013 at 11:31 am

Definitely! I need to email you and see if we can arrange a good time and place! Have been really lax with my planning! I’m down from thurs 14th to sunday 17th, so very soon :) Unfortunately Cooper won’t be coming with us, so I will be missing him!

Even if we can’t meet up due to late notice, I need to get a list of great opshops from you, you have so many great finds! :)

Will hopefully get time to email you tonight :)

cecylia March 6, 2013 at 12:13 pm

definitely, look forward to showing you around or even just for a coffee :D

Jean-michel Cheng March 5, 2013 at 12:05 am

Love those shoes ! <3

cecylia March 6, 2013 at 9:13 am

they’re awesome aren’t they!

Mon Joli Paris March 5, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Great pictures! that looks like a fun event ! love your shoes :)

cecylia March 6, 2013 at 8:43 am

thanks hun it was!!

Beauty Follower March 9, 2013 at 7:40 am

Your pants & heels are awesome!
NIce exibition :)

Cara March 10, 2013 at 10:30 am

darling I have just discovered your page and will certainly be dropping in to see you more regularly! Given my passion for vintage/contemporary fusion this is my favourite ensemble from you so far – although I am looking for your outfit archives and might discover more soon! I will be in Melbourne in May for my annual trip to our fashion ‘Mecca’ and would love to meet up with you! please drop me a line if this might be possible – love your feedback on my styling too if you have a moment, you can find my archives under the Style tab on my site , ciao bella x Cara

cecylia March 13, 2013 at 1:55 pm