Bright Sparks

by cecylia on March 25, 2013

If I could summarise LMFF in 3 words, they would be: breathtaking, astonishing and exhilarating. It has been a whirlwind week of unparalleled style and substance. I’ve had the opportunity to learn from an incredible line-up of speakers, and glean style insights from this country’s most celebrated designers. The outfits made me swoon, favourite trends include cocoon and maroon. No doubt I will feature and showcase them soon. Oops, sorry, but lack of sleep seems to be have a rhyming effect on me… I blame it on the moon. I’d like to share with you some of my favourite moments from the last few days of the festival: captured in beams and grins. It’s unanimous: bloggers love LMFF!

DSC01364DSC01362DSC01363

SONY DSCDSC01395DSC01441DSC01409DSC01450SONY DSCDSC01466DSC01473DSC01471DSC01474

DSC01475

We love LMFF! Iolanthe / Jess / Kirby / Lady MelbourneJasmineMicah / Jeff / Connie / Elaine / Leah / Sushi / Wanda / Lisa / Anne / Sarah / Monty

Aside from being completely awe-struck by the Sportsgirl Graduate Showcase, the highlights of the festival have been:

1. Meeting the legendary former photographer of Vogue Australia, Monty Coles, properly (he shot me a few years ago here); check out his blog [HERE]

2. Celebrating Arthur Galan‘s 15th milestone birthday at Circa rooftop bar;

3. Finally getting to know each gorgeous AMPR lady by name, they’ve put up with my poor memory tirelessly, but my -naming-amnesia-curse has finally been lifted! I thank insomnia.

I hope you’ve enjoyed cruising on this LMFF journey with me, wishing you a wonderful start to the week!

中文版

如果我能用3个字总结LMFF,它们会是“惊人,精彩并令人振奋”。这一周飞得特别快。我从这个国家的最有名的设计师身上学到了很多,也受了最新风格的影响。所见的时装让我陶醉,最喜欢的是栗色和现代化的造型。毫无疑问,在不久的将来我会给你示范。这星期我没怎么好好的睡觉,这星期一定得弥补上。我想与大家分享一些这几天在时装节我最喜欢的时刻。你一定能看出来:时装博客小姐们都爱LMFF!

Sportsgirl的毕业生时装秀是这一周的突出,其他的三样亮点包括:

1。认识原先在澳洲Vogue杂志的著名摄影师,Monty Coles,(他几年前在这里拍过我),你可以在[这里]看他的博客。

2。庆祝Arthur Galan的15岁生日

3。终于知道每个的AMPR女士的名字了,这几年来我怎么也记不住她们每一位的名字,但终于今天我知道了!原来失眠还有好处

希望你喜欢这些LMFF的照片,我愿你拥有一个美好的一周!

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

Iolanthe March 25, 2013 at 6:59 am

Ahh, the memories. That was one fun week and CC you looked a million dollars throughout. Now, time for a little rnr.

cecylia March 25, 2013 at 11:05 am

Thank you Iolanthe, right back at you lovely! Yes a little bit of zzz would be nice…

kimbim March 25, 2013 at 6:59 am

These are brilliant photos, am so-so loving them all.
ROck4less.blogspot.co.uk

Suzi Maynard March 25, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Great to see you again Cecylia! Wasn’t last night’s runway fabulous!
Suzi x
For the Love of Audrey

Mica March 25, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Love seeing the shots of what everyone was wearing to the shows! :) Really like your outfit with the bright pink shirt and the necklace the most – it’s lovely with the printed skirt.

Looks like you’ve had a lot of fun even though it was such a busy week.

cecylia March 26, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Indeed, everyone is so inspirational I love learning new style tips from the shows and the attendees :) My pink outfit was a very last minute decision but probably one of my favourite of the week because it was so comfortable :D The necklace has been around for 15 years, my 2nd time ever wearing it :) Glad you like it Mica!

Mica March 26, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Even more amazing knowing it was a last minute decision – I never do well with those, haha! So indecisive.

I really like all of the fashion in Melbourne – everyone dresses so well, I wonder if it’s to do with the variety of shops you have there?

cecylia March 26, 2013 at 11:40 pm

I find that sometimes last minute decisions are the best because you won’t be influenced by too many bombarding thoughts :D Yes that and also we are more exposed to great designers perhaps? xx

Anne March 26, 2013 at 9:27 am

Beautiful shots and outfits! Was so lovely to see you again Cecylia :) xx

cecylia March 26, 2013 at 12:17 pm

pleasure Anne you gorgeous thing! I miss you already- hope to see you soon!