I get comments about my skin a lot. It’s ironic because my face used to be quite acne-ridden as a teen but since I hit the 20s, they just fell off. That said, I still suffer from singular pimple outings from time to time. I call it ”Oscar”. It enjoys riding on my chin like a fare-evader and likes coming uninvited to fashion events with me.
As you also know, I don’t have the best diet, chips and cakes are my daily staples and I don’t eat enough fruit and vegies. But I’m trying to eat more ‘nude’ food (unprocessed/unpackaged food) as of late, because skin health is really a reflection of one’s inner health. The best creams can’t beat good sleep, good diet and good exercise. But since you asked for it, here are a few of my skin saviours…
This is my very basic skin care routine:
- During the day I only wear sunscreen, SPF 30+. Not all sunscreens are created equal. Look out for zinc in the ingredients to ensure that your skin gets the best protection
- I always wash my face at night, nothing too stripping, I use an oil-based remover if I have makeup on.
- I hardly wear makeup (because I don’t know how!), only mascara and occasionally a lippie.
- I exfoliate twice a week
- At night, I always wear either a serum or a moisteriser.
- I drink lots of water and green tea every day but I do have a soft spot for white wine…
- I don’t wear an eye cream (yet!) but I try and wear sunglasses whenever I can.
Out of all the products on the shelves, these 3 deserve an honorary mention:
1. The Clinique SPF30+ sunscreen – lightweight, lightly-pigmented, the only thing I wear during the day
2. Origins ”Out of Trouble” mask – the BEST treatment mask I’ve ever used- from the creamy texture to the gentle tingle- my face literally looks brighter afterwards!
3. Grown facial moisteriser– like patting on a blended fruit and herb garden on my face. What I wear to bed. This cream is made from organic ingredients locally grown here in Melbourne!
Just like my hair routine, very minimalist. So dear ones, if you have any advice on skincare or good products, please send them my way! Have a sweet weekend!