Recently Melbourne Central invited me to select 5 favourite Spring Racing accessories from a myriad of their amazing boutiques, to be featured in ‘The Accessory Cube’, a Pop-Up store to get us Races-ready. Spring Racing fashion isn’t just about the dress, the emphasis is on the entire ensemble. And as we all know, the right accessories can dramatically up the style ante. I had a ball choosing the pieces but it was no easy feat, I felt like a judge at Fashion Stakes! After much wandering around the centre and deciding, I am proud to announce these favourites:
- Tilkah multi-strand bracelet- the 3 pretty summer colours (turquoise, clear and apricot) ensure it match nearly every outfit you have, and you won’t want to take it off as the weather warms up and your tan darkens
- Fame Agenda pastel pink leather belt with gold hardware – the perfect belt for a dress, a flawless balance between dainty and edgy, and only $60!
- Melissa Lady Dragon glittery heels – a design collaboration by British fashion doyenne Vivienne Westwood, high-end designer with an affordable price tag, plus these are uber comfy so you can last longer on your feet, and in case Melbourne weather doesn’t behave you don’t have to cry over soiled leather, you can just go home and wash them.
- Thurley acrylic hard-case sphere bag (comes with a shoulder chain)- again, water resistant and utter eye candy. My jaw hit the ground when I saw this bag. Plus you can practise bowling with it.
- Vintage Rose bouquet head piece, from Olrik – a floral fascinator is the epitome of chic in spring and is guaranteed to turn heads, all for the right reasons.
Melbourne Central is offering their visitors a chance to win the accessories by simply uploading a picture of your favourite accessory from the Cube onto their Facebook page. What an amazing offer! Visit the Pop up store for more details.
As you know, I am an accessories-fanatic, I was the buyer of my boutique, and was blessed to come 3rd in the Caulfield Chadstone Fashion Stakes (see here), so you can rest assured that I picked the creme de la creme accessories from Melbourne Central for you.
Visit The Accessory Cube on Level 2, available until 6th November 2011. Have a beautiful weekend everyone, especially those of you attending Derby Day. I won’t be at the Races unfortunately, I have to work at the vets. Happy snapping and happy shopping!
All photos taken my hubby Chian, see his HILARIOUS animated blog here.