I like to travel light, but I also want to wear a garment from every international designer we stock at the boutique when I go and see them at their shows and in their show rooms in Milan and Paris so I guess I will have to pack accordingly… I love packing for holidays. Because I can take clothes I usually can’t wear in Melbourne (because it’s too avant-garde, colourful or eclectic) and plus packing is kind of therapeutic. And it’s actually like a styling spree for myself.
I also really enjoy packing all the skin/beauty samples I’ve received in the past 6 months as well. I know, I’m weird like that.
Aside from catching up with all the designers again and seeing the fruit of their creative minds, the other highlights of this trip I’m predicting will be
- Meeting Gail Reid (designer of Gail Sorronda) in Milan: the catwalk that showcases the 7 finalists who competed to win the hearts of the Italian fashion panel. So I’m packing the Innocence dress
- Meeting up with my friends Jo and Etta in Milan! Can’t wait! No need to dress up, just be my jolly self
- visiting Foxtown – the Designer DFO an hour bus ride away from Milan where hopefully I can rummage through and find some amazing designer bargains- pack separates to faciliate the ease of changing, my new Sara Phillips mint suede shorts (I receive them today!) would be perfect but I would really like to wear my Spijkers en Spijkers galaxy dress…
- VINTAGE MARKETS! Always the highlight of every trip in Europe. Need to pack something eclectic- the Karla Spetic clogs would have been perfect but their arrival has been delayed!
- Meeting up with Trendy Crew- ooh la la I can go all out with this one! I’m thinking the silk Georgette dresses from Antonia Goy!
So with this all in mind, here is a piccie of some of my selection- mainly vintage actually! Along with some Natalia Brilli (orange urchin necklace) and Marc Jacobs (purple booties). Please excuse the blue background…
And I’m going to miss my puppy dog Theodore sorely, he’s staying with grandparents…here’s a photo of us at Sara Phillips’ showing.
And just because I’m not in Melbourne, I still have posts coming, so stay tuned to the blog! Have a lovely weekend everyone! Who’s gonna win the Grand Final?